Saturday, August 15, 2009

New equipment


Just arrived at the office on friday, Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G. First impressions are somewhat what I expected. Bokeh looks nicer, AF slow....., definitely slower then the AF-D 50mm f/1.4 and the f/1.8D versions. I also expressed this when I first tried the lens when it was launched. This is due to the construction. So far I'm not crazy about the sharpness wide open, but then again I have not done enough testing to have a final verdict on the lens yet. To say the least I was rather dissapointed when this lens was launched as the 75th Anniversary Nikkor lens. I was expecting more, way more. 

I also recived 2 Pocket Wizzards, and a SB-900 Speedlight Flash. The Nikon wireless flash setup will soon be updated with the SB-900 and finally the SU-800 setup.

Due to the current weather situation
it will be some time before the New 50mm will be reviewed. Last but not least the huge 50mm comparision will soon be started. Starting with the Nikkor 5.8cm f/1.4 and ending with the new 50mm AF-S f/1.4G.

No comments:

Post a Comment