Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Post Processing on sample images?

I think one thing that a lot of people are not aware of, is that the full resolution sample images on my Nikon lens Reviews  are not post processed. The reason for this is quite simple, and is one of the most important aspects of my reviews. 

The reason these images are not post processed through any application, especially on  a non Nikon application is that you the reader would base your opinion on images that have been enhanced to look better. This is ok in some circumstances, but not when it comes to sharpening or changing the overall image. What you, the reader are then basing your decisions on is: "Am I as good with post processing as the author of this review?"

My sample images have not been post processed. Meaning if you had the same camera lens combination, and where next to me when I took the picture you would then have the same starting point. 


Nikon D3, Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 post prcessed.


Same shot as above but straight from the camera. The vignetting you are seeing in the picture is a DIY hacked Cokin Pro filter holder.

Another example:

Nikon D3, 35mm f/1.4 straight from RAW file, no PP


Same image as above but PP in Capture NX2

No comments:

Post a Comment